The book, avaialble from www.ctpublications.co.uk
Worried about the essay part of AQA BIOL5? Unsure how to get started?
It can be really daunting to get started on the preparation for your essay! You have to start somehere, right? Imagine how much easier it would be to have a perfect example in front of you to draw inspiration from. I’ll send you one absolutely free of charge. Just fill in the form here and you’ll have almost immediately.
Interested in our 8 week essay audio course? Go here for more information.
Follow me on Twitter and get loads of essay tips and revision
Avoid damn right stupid mistakes in YOUR essay, people!
Over the last 8 weeks I’ve had many members submitting essays each week. Again it has amazed me how the mistakes in these essays match almost exactly the mistakes I’ve seen over the last 8 years with these AQA essays!
By listing these here and making you aware of them you can make sure your essays are better than most because they automatically address these issues.
- At the end of each main paragraph make sure you relate what you have said back to the title.
- Make sure you plan for the esay to flow, block animal examples with animal, plant with plant etc.
- Back up your statements with specific examples with some detail, eg in an essay on enzymes, “DNA polymerase condences adjacent nucleotides to form the polynucleotide phosphae-sugar backbone during semi-conservative replication of DNA.” is better than, “DNA polymerase joins nucleotides together when DNA is made”
- You must consciously include two paragraphs to show greater depth of reading. I’ve included examples here and links to get lots more.
Good luck and my advice for the next few days as far as the essay is concerned ~ STOP PLANNING AND GET WRITING!!!!!!
It’s come to our attention that there has been an ALTERED version of the downloadable eBook made available through a popular sharing resource. There are some alterations in it which will seriously compromise anyone who uses the information in it in the actual essay.
The only way to guarantee you have the correct anfd up to date book is to buy it from us here. We’ve dropped the price from £7.99 to £3.99 so you may as well get the original before we take it off line. Remember, we are the only registered distributer of this book, if you got it elsewhere you’ve probably got a useless copy. Good luck!
Just because the exam is a few weeks away, I’ve released our Synoptic Essay Survival Kit Inclduing:
- AQA A2 Biology: Writing the Synoptic Essay ebook
- Two fully broken down essays from last years BIOL5 paper
- Access to the 8 part synoptic audio course files (over 5 hours of synoptic support!!)
All for only £6.99 [individual products total over £46!]
All the products are instantly downloadable and I’ll email you the audio password by return. I firmly believe that these products will sugnificantly contribute to your exam success.
I’m not usually one top get on my soapbox and whine, but hey this is my blog afterall. I have been selling on Amazon Marketplace for over a year and many of you have ordered and received a copy of the book. It’s within the Amazon rules that an expedited delivery (one YOU pay £8.98 for!) can be sent out after two days and a normal one between three and twelve days estimated delivery time. In contrast I have been packing and posting out orders from my own shop and marketplace on the SAME DAY (Sundays and bank holdidays excepted). Continue reading
In this post I would like to describe to you how I would go about planning from an essay title. Of course, every title iis different but the process I follow similar in case.
The title chosen today is “how nitrogen containing substances are taken into, and metabolised in, plants and animals.” Continue reading
AQA BIOL1: Biology and disease
A revision blitz!
I put together a collection of resources to help guide you through the last few days revison and exam preparation. They’re available here.
Take revision into the 21st century with our online support help
We’ve introduced a range of support packages from books, topic blitz packs to a full online servive that has tons of audio and video resources to download!
For example; the online service has
- All that units blitz packs
- Exam paper talk throughs where I go through every question with you
- videos and audios of me going through some content
- assignments that guide you through what to learn for each topic and how to learn it
- links to relevant legacy specification past questions and mark schemes
- All the current exam papers, mark schemes and examiner’s reports
- Stats on which topics questions come up the most and which parts
- and loads more ….
I have courses for AQA BIOL 2 and 5 and CHEM 2 and 5. For those of you resitting unit 1 I have a full set of blitz packs available to download.
Go to the online chemistry tutor or online biology tutor for more info
Shock the examiner by striking him/her hard with a power intro
People always ask me how to start the essay. How much of an “introduction” they should include.
In my opinion – very little. Most of what folks write in an intro is too vague and diluted to be mark worthy – what you need is a couple of powerful sentences to show the examiner you know your stuff and mean business. Continue reading